Document including all exhibits describes various aspects of Software Support
This document including all exhibits describes various aspects of Software Support such as scope, responsibility, contact details, response times and error correction services for the specified Software in an Order Form.
Any capitalized terms used in this document in relation to Software Support which are not specifically defined in this document but defined at https://digitate.com/software-license-terms-and-conditions-dec2020/ for licensed Software, hereafter referred as “Agreement”, have the meaning as described in the Agreement.
Incident Severity-wise support hours and Response time
Severity type Descriptions*
Coverage / SLA
24 x 7
Business Hours on Business Days
4 Business Hours
Business Hours on Business Days
8 Business Hours
Business Hours on Business Days
12 Business Hours
|Additional Software Support Features|
|Patches, Service Packs for the licensed Named Version|
|Self-help resources like, knowledgebase, Documentation|
|Advice on Software features, their use, problem diagnosis, online ticket management and support analytics|
Official Support Contact Channels
Customer may contact TCS to report an error and request Software Support services by any of the following methods:
- Toll free Numbers, please refer to Exhibit C.
- Support team email: email@example.com.
- TCS provided incident management portal available at: https://support.digitate.com
General responsibilities during regular operations:
- Operations engineer shall ensure periodic data backup/ maintenance of the Customer Environment including Software configuration data.
- Ensure all non-production environments including production replica environment are always on the latest Patch, Service Pack of the Named Version with relevant data and all licensed functionalities of the Software to deploy and validate fixes, Patches, Service Packs, etc.
- Apply all security and emergency Patches without any undue delay upon receiving the notification from the Software Store or recommendation from Software Support team.
- Operations engineer by Customer: TCS recommends Customer to appoint support engineers trained in administration and operation of the Software. Refer Exhibit D for details on recommended attributes of Operations engineer.
Pre-requisites and responsibilities during incident lifecycle
Before incident registration:
- Operations engineer shall perform initial analysis of issues or query received from Authorized Users and provide information, resolution or workaround for known issues.
- If Operations engineer is unable to provide resolution, Operations engineer shall register incident through the official support channels and provide the relevant information during incident registration. For details on Operations engineer responsibilities during incident lifecycle, refer Exhibit D.
During incident investigation:
- Promptly respond to inquiries from Software Support team.
- TCS may request use of remote screen-sharing tools solely for the purpose of analysis of the incident and only if such analysis cannot be conducted solely through an examination of the logs and related files. TCS shall ensure that the information received from Customer during remote screen-sharing shall be used solely for the purpose of providing Software Support to Customer.
- Upon request by Software Support team, Customer shall approve and facilitate screen-sharing access to development and/or test and production environments to Software Support team for troubleshooting the reported issues.
- Provide additional logs and any other investigative information requested by Software Support team for troubleshooting the reported issues.
Post provision of incident resolution
- Apply TCS provided resolution on non-production environments and perform extensive regression testing.
- Apply TCS-provided resolution on production environment only after thorough verification and after performing necessary system backup.
TCS shall not be liable for any delay or failure in the performance of its obligations hereunder, if and to the extent such delay or failure is caused by the actions or omissions of the Customer or its agents or due to a breach of any terms by Customer of the Agreement for the Software to which this support pertains. TCS shall undertake commercially reasonable measures, as may be necessary, to correct or remedy such failures or delays by the Customer.
EXHIBIT A: Definitions
The following table describes the terms used in this document and their definitions.
|Business Day||Monday to Friday (excluding local holidays observed by Customer)|
|Business Hours||8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (Customer observed local time)|
|Named Version||A version of Software licensed under a relevant Order Form that includes design or architecture change, major enhancements or new functionality (for example, Butterfly, Cheetah)|
|Patch||A sub-version of the Service Pack that includes bug fixes for functionality issues, improve security, performance and add new minor features (For example, Patch 1)|
|Response||Acknowledgement of incident provided by Software Support team through email, chat or on the incident portal.|
|Response Time||Time from raising incident request through the official support channels specified in this document to provision of Response by Software Support team.|
|Service Pack||A sub-version of the Named Version that includes maintenance release, bug fixes, cumulative Patches and enhancements (For example, Service Pack 1)|
EXHIBIT B: End of Version and End of Life Policy
TCS provides support for the Software as given below, subject to the Software End of Life Policy.
|Type of Support||Description|
|End of Version Support*||
*The support timelines applicable to Named Version ‘Butterfly’ are as per table given below.
Following are the support timelines for currently supported Named Versions
Named Version GA
End of Version Support
|Butterfly – 1st Oct, 2016||
Until 31st Dec, 2020
|Until 30 Jun, 2021||Starting 1st Jul, 2021|
|Cheetah – 1st Jan, 2019||Two years after GA of Named Version “-To be announced Named Version”||
Software End of Life Policy
- At any time after the conclusion of minimum three (3) years from the date of the GA of the highest Named Version of a Software, TCS may, at its sole discretion, end all on-going or planned software development, maintenance and support (“Software End of Life”) for the particular Software. At least 12 months prior to the effective date of the Software End of Life, TCS shall post a notification on Software Store.
- During the timeframe between when Software End of Life notification is posted on Software Store and the actual effective date of Software End of Life, the Software will be supported as follows:
- No new enhancements will be made to the Software.
- No enhancements will be made to the Software to support new or updated versions of the platforms on which the Software runs or to which it connects.
- Software Support team will direct Customer to existing fixes, Patches, Service Packs, or workarounds applicable to the reported case.
- TCS shall develop new hot fixes for problems of high technical impact. With Customer’s assistance, Parties shall mutually determine the degree of impact and exposure and the applicable commercially reasonable remedies.
EXHIBIT C: Toll-free numbers
The following table lists the toll-free numbers by country.
|Country||Toll Free Number|
EXHIBIT D: Attributes of Customer Operations engineer:
Customer shall appoint Operations engineer(s) trained on all relevant aspects of the Software who will typically analyze the symptoms, replicate the issue, determine the probable cause, propose solution or workaround and work with Customer to apply the solution or work around.
Operations engineer would typically handle and provide information that includes:
- Detailed investigation analysis with relevant logs, and investigation information
- Creating problem description
- Environment / build details
- Steps to reproduce
- Actual results and expected results
It is recommended that Operations engineers be trained in:
- Linux skills
- Basic networking knowledge
- Java runtime experience and diagnostics skills
- Database experience
|Topics to be handled by Operations engineers||
|Basic troubleshooting and information collection related to issues||
Version: Software Support, December 2020
Release Date: December 16, 2020
Copyright © 2020 Tata Consultancy Services Limited. All Rights Reserved.