In the Tech industry, our ears ring with many buzzwords, technological disruption being the most significant of them. Whenever we speak of any change in business, disruption is the only constant that gets invariably mentioned. When it comes to software application development, test automation is that disruptive technology that has taken the industry by storm.
Applications getting released to production once or twice a year is an event of the past. We are now in an era when applications are released weekly! In the Agile world with multiple Scrums, switching to automation at every level and shift left testing has become mandatory. Rapid development cycles and complex functionalities of modern software require faster time-to-market and smart approaches. This is where testing automation and shift left come into the picture.
Gone are those days when only regression was automated; now automation is implemented at every stage of testing and the shift left approach is taken to ensure testing starts at an early stage. Automation is not only mandatory, but also should be futuristic to sustain the upcoming changes or disruption. Test automation is the best possible way to ramp up software testing with more efficiency in lesser period of time.
With earlier methods of testing, enterprises faced challenges like large volume of redundant test scripts, need for manual test scenarios, lack of end-to-end test coverage, insufficient impact analysis, high maintenance and less scope of automation, and so on.
Test automation and shift left approach are the answers to all such concerns.
We all have a fair idea about test automation.
Let’s understand what is the shift left testing approach.
Shift left Approach
Shift left testing approach helps enterprises achieve a quality-first mindset. This testing mechanism helps you in tracking performance metrices right from the inception of software development. It ensures that testing is incorporated at an early stage of the development lifecycle.
Along with Agile and DevOps environment, shift left is an approach gaining traction in the testing and QA space.
The shift left approach along with DevOps and automated tests has unlocked the possibilities of continuous testing while ensuring lesser turnaround time, efficient detection of defects at earlier stages of development, lesser manual intervention, and shorter execution and release cycles.
So, is your enterprise ready to adopt this change?
Or do you have questions related to the possibilities of automation like:
- Which tool will autonomously incorporate or self-heal my application changes in the test scenarios?
- Which tool will intelligently suggest me what to test based on application changes?
- Will the tool suggest me the risks associated with release based on the testing I have done?
- Is the tool smart enough to pick the data from the application directly?
- Can a single tool serve all the purposes along with AI/ML capabilities?
Are you still struggling with basic questions like:
- Is my team capable of adopting automation?
- Is there a tool which is completely script less?
- Will the script less tool support all my application types?
- Will the tool support testing at all stages and can it do in-sprint automation?
If your answer for all the questions above is yes, ignio can prove to be the perfect platform for you!
ignio offers a completely autonomous, fully script-less, AI/ML driven intelligent approach to address all the above requirements through the product ignio AI.Assurance.
ignio AI.Assurance is not just an automation tool, but a complete Test Automation Engine providing the highest level of automation through all stages of testing by leveraging AI/ML capabilities.
One of the largest fashion retailers was able to achieve complete test coverage, automated test scenario generation, faster time-to-market, high throughput, and reduced quality issues with ignio AI.Assurance.
How does ignio AI.Assurance prove to be the perfect solution for the above requirements?
- It autonomously generates and visually represents the application blueprint using AI/ML algorithms
- It generates the automated test scenarios and test scripts
- It autonomously analyses the impact of change an application undergoes, and self-heals the business blueprint and impacted test scenarios, thereby reducing the time and effort of maintenance
- It has the capability of making intelligent test selection based on the application changes
- It is smart enough to pick the data from application automatically and create different data based on test scenarios
- Based on the testing done and open defects, the tool provides insights pertaining to the risks associated with release, which helps in decision making
ignio AI.Assurance can prove to be the right testing solution for your enterprise, as it comprises all the essential elements (features) that will enable you to deliver better software, faster.