No matter the amount of effort and time invested, resolution of IDoc issues is still a challenge. The struggle of timely resolution of tickets and managing escalations is real. Read this blog where I have discussed the day-to-day problems associated with IDoc issues. In this blog, we will discuss how ignio AI.ERPOps can assist teams in resolving IDoc issues quickly and effectively. We have already introduced the IDoc Management Capability in the previous blog. Now we will dig one level deeper for better understanding.
IDoc Management – Monitor, Prioritize, and Fix IDoc Errors Autonomously
ignio AI.ERPOps’ IDoc Management provides a complete package to the user. It includes monitoring issues based on various parameters, prioritizing the errors based on business impact and also fixing them wherever configured. The capability focuses on the failed IDocs in the SAP system considering the business impact. For the failed IDocs, a detailed report is prepared with a provision to share over email with key stakeholders, depicting the reason behind the failures across various parameters such as Error Codes, Partner Information, Reoccurrence, Business Processes, and so on. Let us discuss this in detail.
Knowing the issue is half the work done. Information of IDoc issues can only be gained through monitoring. Diligent monitoring and on-time resolution improves business assurance by reducing the risk of errors and loss of time and effort spend on rectifying the IDoc errors. Manual monitoring is usually error prone, tedious and has a higher turnaround time.
Following are the various problem areas in which IDoc monitoring can be done efficiently and effectively to avoid problems.
1. Status of the IDocs: Businesses need to understand the number of IDocs that have hung, failed and successfully processed which can be really tiresome to identify when done manually.
2. Business Processes: Organizations usually have different business processes and it is necessary to classify and group them accordingly. IDocs to the business process falls within these processes, for example- Order to cash, Procure to pay, Plan to deliver and so on. Classifying the failed IDocs according to the business processes can help business with assignment of failed IDocs to respective teams leading to faster resolution.
3. Various Partners: Business might want to see what happened to an IDoc coming from or going to an important partner. Or simply group IDocs according to partners that businesses are dealing with for a better understanding.
4. Recurring IDocs: If an IDoc is failing repetitively, it is important to look into it. Many times, organizations would like to classify and prioritize IDocs that have failed more than a number of times.
5. Reprocessing of the IDocs: Some of the IDoc errors can disappear after reprocessing. So, it is important for organizations to keep an eye on the status of IDocs after reprocessing. It is monotonous for a human to keep reprocessing the IDocs and checking its status.
6. Classification of IDocs by error code: Another interesting way of classifying the IDocs is to group the failed IDocs based on their error codes. Other possibilities are to check on details of failed IDocs based on error types, error description, status and value. This can give a clear picture to the consultant who is managing failed IDocs.
7. Critical IDocs: Organizations might want to view the failed IDocs as per their criticality. This criticality can be defined based on its financial impact and importance of business process.
8. Segment Level Classification: Important information to businesses comes from a segment structure inside an IDoc. This information can be Plant, Company Code, Purchase Organization and many more. This can help business to classify IDocs based on its geographical/business region. Extracting this information from IDoc segments is not provided in SAP standard transaction codes but can be insightful for the business.
ignio’s Check IDoc dashboard can help address different challenges that businesses face in their day-to-day activities which are usually handled manually and are difficult to address. ignio has a dashboard which is divided into different standards. These standards have the summary and detailed reports with enriched information for inbound and outbound IDocs.
This figure shows classification of IDocs according to the errors.
A huge volume of IDoc data transmission in SAP systems can sometimes result in a high number of IDoc errors. Prioritization of these IDoc errors is imperative as the impact on business transactions could be unknown. Moreover, this can be monotonous and clumsy if done manually. With ignio , you can free up your functional consultants from such monotonous activities and let them focus on strategically important tasks that add agility to your business.
ignio has a feature of prioritizing the IDocs based on its criticality. Criticality of an IDoc can be financial value of IDoc, impact to business, revenue impact and so on. This helps businesses to take prioritized informed decisions to avoid any business impact and/or delay.
IDoc errors can be repetitive and solving them becomes monotonous. Automatic resolution of some typical IDoc errors can ease up the load on support teams. With ignio AI.ERPOps, your resolution cycle time for resolving typical IDoc errors can reduce from hours to seconds, thus enhancing customer experience.
Check IDoc has a feature where it can automatically correct the IDoc error by performing self-heal. It is a rule-based automation where it takes auto corrective action based on pre delivered domain knowledge. This can be defined within ignio’s knowledge repository with the appropriate approval process in place. So, if we keep a desired configuration, some of this error code will be resolved automatically as soon as they appear. With this, business won’t see any hindrance or loss because of IDoc errors.
Changes taking place in the system can be observed from the dashboard displaying the before and after result of self-heal.
This is how ignio IDoc Management help organizations achieve flawless communication. As rightly said by John Powell, “Communication works for those who work at it”. And in this case, let ignio do that work for you.
To Know more visit: https://digitate.com/ignio-ai-erpops/
ignio AI.ERPOps is SAP certified. Get the details here : https://digitate.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/ignio-AI.ERPOps-SAP-Certification-document-1-1.pdf