Data Privacy Notice CA
Digitate Data Privacy Notice
You have reached the Digitate privacy addendum for European Economic Area. To go back to the general Digitate privacy notice, please click here.
For residents (data subjects) of Canada, below you will find the additional specific provisions applicable to you as a resident within Canada; including your rights to your data as it may be processed by TCS/Digitate.
Transferring Canadian data subject information outside Canada
We may share your data with third parties, including third-party service providers and other entities in the TCS Group. Please note, TCS/Digitate has not in the past, nor does it currently, under any circumstances sell your personal data from or to any third party. Further, TCS/Digitate does not use your personal data for any other purpose than as outlined in the Privacy Notice unless required to fulfill a legitimate business purpose. Primarily, your data will be stored in Canada, India and the United States, but it may be stored in other countries on a need basis. We may share your information as described in the Privacy Notice with third parties and TCS Group entities located in certain territories whose laws may not provide a level of protection equivalent to that of Canada; in such cases your data may be accessible to law enforcement and national security authorities of that jurisdiction where such access is permitted by local law.
Rights of Canadian data subjects
Under certain circumstances and depending on the province you are located in, by law you may have the right to:
– Request access to your personal data under our custody or control;
– Right to know the purposes for which your personal data has been and is being used by us;
– Right to have your personal data be accurate, complete and up to date, as is necessary for the purposes which it is to be used;
– Right to have your personal data amended (by the correction, deletion, or addition of information) when you have successfully demonstrated the inaccuracy or incompleteness of the personal data we hold about you;
– In certain circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal data for a specific purpose, right to withdraw or vary your consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice;
– Right to have any personal data collected otherwise than according to the law deleted;
– Right to know where the personal data is held and whom to contact for more information; or
– Right to have personal data removed from a nominative list that is to say a list of clients, members or employees used for philanthropic or commercial prospection.
If you are a Canadian resident and wish to exercise a data subject right which may apply to you under local law, please contact our Privacy Officer for Canada (see contacts below).
What we may need from you
If you exercise one of the above rights, we may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and that you are entitled to make such a request. This is to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
We have appointed a Privacy Officer to oversee compliance of TCS/Digitate with applicable data protection laws and with this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or how we handle your personal data, please contact our Canadian Privacy Officer at Canada.Privacy@tcs.com.