Data Privacy Notice South Africa
Digitate Data Privacy Notice
You have reached the Digitate privacy addendum for South Africa. To go back to the general Digitate privacy notice, please click here.
For Residents or Data Subjects in South Africa
When we TATA Consultancy Services (South Africa) (Pty) Ltd and other TCS entities registered in South Africa, Tata House 39 Ferguson Road, Illovo, Sandton, 2196 (TCS/Digitate) collect and use personal information about you, we may be subject to the applicable privacy laws of South Africa, notably the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA) and the Promotion of Access to Information Act (PAIA). Below you will find the additional specific provisions applicable to you as a resident or data subject whose data is processed in South Africa.
How we will use your personal data
Where the POPI Act is applicable to TCS/Digitate, we are only permitted to process your personal data on the basis of certain legal requirements which are outlined in the applicable legislation. As such, you will find below the valid legal bases which permits us to process your personal data for the fulfillment of one of the below purposes (which are outlined more specifically above in our general notice).
• To ensure access to our website and online services
– Under the POPIA, the lawful basis for this processing is consent, where requested and obtained or our legitimate interest in enabling and improving our website and online services.
• To answer your queries, support and contact requests
– Under the POPIA the lawful basis for this processing may be consent, where requested and obtained by or the performance of a contract with you or to take steps at your request before entering into a contract with you, or for our legitimate interests in behaving as a responsible organization in dealing with these matters.
• Subscriptions to our promotional communications
– Under the POPIA the lawful basis for this processing is consent, where requested and obtained.
• To administer events and activities
– Under the POPIA the lawful bases for this processing is consent, where requested and obtained or our legitimate interest in organizing and running such events.
• To manage, administer and fulfill the obligations under contracts, and regulations
– Under the POPIA and depending on the processing activity, the lawful bases for this processing may be for the performance of a contract with you or to take steps at your request before entering into a contract with you, our legitimate interest in providing services to your company or employer, or legal obligation.
• To promote TCS/Digitate brand, products, initiatives and values with marketing communications
– Under the POPIA the lawful basis for this processing is consent, where requested and obtained or TCS/Digitate’ legitimate interests in promoting its brand, products, initiatives and values.
Transferring Data Subject information outside of South Africa
We may transfer the personal data we collect about you to one of more countries outside of South Africa, including India, in order to perform one of the activities listed above (see “How we will use information about you”). Where there is no ‘adequacy decision’ by the Information Regulator or TCS/Digitate in respect of those countries – meaning that these countries are not deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for your personal data – we have put in place appropriate measures to ensure that your personal data will be secure. These measures include Data Transfer Agreements and strict security requirements. If you require further information about these protective measures, you can request it from our Information Officer (see contacts below).
Your rights in connection with personal information
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
Request access to your personal information. You can contact us by email and request access to your personal information.
Request correction of your personal information. You may request amendments, deletion or corrections, if your personal information is inaccurate, irrelevant, excessive or outdated, misleading, obtained unlawfully or incomplete.
Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
Changes to your personal information
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
Data Protection Supervisory Authority under POPIA
If you are not satisfied with how we process your personal data and the processing of your personal data is subject to POPIA, you can lodge a complaint at any time with our Informatin Officer or to the relevant data protection supervisory regulator; you can contact the Information Regulator of South Africa here:
JD House, 27 Stiemens Street, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2001
P.O Box 31533, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2017
Complaints email: complaints.IR@justice.gov.za
General enquiries email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Privacy Statement Enquiries and Complaints
We have appointed an Information Officer to oversee compliance of Digitate with applicable data protection laws and with this privacy notice. If you would like to exercise one of the above rights in connection to your personal information or if you have any queries or complaints about our privacy notice or how we handle your personal information, please contact us by writing to Information Officer @ Mea.email@example.com