Data Privacy Notice Uruguay
Digitate Data Privacy Notice
You have reached the Digitate privacy addendum for Uruguay. To go back to the general Digitate privacy notice, please click here.
For residents (data subjects) of Republica Oriental de Uruguay (URUGUAY), when we collect and use personal data (information) about you, we may be subject to the Law 18.331 Personal Data Protection and Habeas Data action and its Decree No. 414/009 (THE LAW) of URUGUAY and responsible as a ‘data controller’ for such personal data.
Below you will find the additional specific provisions applicable to you as a natural person or legal entity within the URUGUAY; including your rights to your data as it may be processed by TCS/Digitate.
How we will use your personal information
Where the THE LAW is applicable to TCS/Digitate, we are only permitted to process your personal data on the basis of certain legal requirements which are outlined in the applicable legislation. As such, you will find below the valid legal bases which permits us to process your personal data for the fullfilment of one of the below purposes (which are outlined more specifically above in our general notice).
To ensure access to our website and online services
Under the THE LAW, the lawful basis for this processing is our legitimate interest in enabling and improving our website and online services and consent when the latter is necessary and is requested and obtained.
To answer your queries, support and contact requests
Under the THE LAW the lawful basis for this processing may be for the performance of a contract with you or to take steps at your request before entering into a contract with you, or for our legitimate interests in behaving as a responsible organization in dealing with these matters, and consent, when the latter is necessary and is requested and obtained.
Subscriptions to our promotional communications
Under the THE LAW the lawful basis for this processing is the consent, where requested and obtained.
To administer events and activities
Under the THE LAW the lawful bases for this processing is our legitimate interest in organizing and running such events, and consent, when the latter is necessary and is requested and obtained.
To manage, adiminster and fulfill the obligations under contracts, and regulations
Under the THE LAW and depending on the processing activity, the lawful bases for this processing may be for the performance of a contract with you or to take steps at your request before entering into a contract with you, our legitimate interest in providing services to your company or employer, or legal obligation.
To promote TCS/Digitate brand, products, initiatives and values with marketing communications
Under the THE LAW the lawful basis for this processing are TCS/Digitate’ legitimate interests in promoting its brand, products, initiatives and values, and consent for marketing communications.
Transferring URUGUAY Data Subject information outside URUGUAY for THE LAW
We may transfer the personal data we collect about you to one of more countries outside URUGUAY, including India, in order to perform one of the activities listed above (see “How we will use information about you”). Where there isn’t an adequacy decision by the Uruguayan authorities in respect of those countries – meaning that these are not deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for your personal data – we have put in place the appropriate measures to ensure that your personal data will be secure. These measures include Data Transfer Agreements based on the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses and THE LAW, including the authorization of the local Regulator. If you require further information about these protective measures, you can request it from our Data Protection Officers (see contacts below).
Your duty to inform us of changes
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
Your rights in connection with personal data
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “access request”). This enables you to have easy and free access of the personal data we hold about you.
- Request of update or rectification of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you ask us to have any incomplete, inaccurate or out of date information we hold about you corrected.
- Request of suppression of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no legal basis for us continuing to process it.
- Object to processing of your personal data exercising the right to withdraw or block the personal data of the database when processing your personal data for direct marketing or advertising purposes.
- Be informed of which public or private your personal data is/was shared with.
- Know the possibility of give your consent to have your personal data processed and the consequences of denying it.
- Review decision-making exclusively in automated: The right to challenge a decision based solely on automated processing that affect your interests. In this case, you will have the right to obtain information from the person responsible for the database about the assessment criteria and the program used in the processing that served to make the decision stated in the act.
What we may need from you
If you exercise one of the above rights, we may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and that you are entitled to make such a request. This is to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
Data Protection Officer
We have appointed Data Protection Officers (DPOs) to oversee compliance of TCS/Digitate with applicable data protection laws and with this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice or how we handle your personal data, please contact the DPO in your region:
|Data Protection Officer for LATAM||Data Protection Officer for URUGUAY|