Data Privacy Notice Peru
Digitate Data Privacy Notice
You have reached the TCS/Digitate privacy addendum for Peru. To go back to the general TCS/Digitate privacy notice, please click here.
For residents (data subjects) of PERU, when we collect and use personal data (information) about you, we may be subject to the Data Protection Law (DPL) of the Perú and responsible as a ‘data controller’ for such personal data. Below you will find the additional specific provisions applicable to you as a resident within PERU; including your rights to your data as it may be processed by Tata Consultancy Services Sucursal Del Peru (TCS/Digitate), domiciled in Av. Nicolas Ayllon N°2941, El Agustino, Lima – Peru.
How we will use your personal information
Where the DPL is applicable to TCS/Digitate, we are only permitted to process your personal data on the basis of certain legal requirements which are outlined in the applicable legislation. As such, you will find below the valid legal bases which permits us to process your personal data for the fullfilment of one of the below purposes (which are outlined more specifically above in our general notice https://digitate.com/data-privacy-notice/).
To ensure access to our website and online services
Under the DPL, the lawful basis for this processing is our legitimate interest in enabling and improving our website and online services, or consent, where requested and obtained.
To answer your queries, support and contact requests
Under the DPL the lawful basis for this processing may be for the performance of a contract with you or to take steps at your request before entering into a contract with you, or for our legitimate interests in behaving as a responsible organization in dealing with these matters, or consent, where requested and obtained.
Subscriptions to our promotional communications
Under the DPL the lawful basis for this processing is the consent, where requested and obtained.
To administer events and activities
Under the DPL the lawful bases for this processing is our legitimate interest in organizing and running such events, or consent, where requested and obtained.
To manage, adiminster and fulfill the obligations under contracts, and regulations
Under the DPL and depending on the processing activity, the lawful bases for this processing may be for the performance of a contract with you or to take steps at your request before entering into a contract with you, our legitimate interest in providing services to your company or employer, or legal obligation.
To promote TCS/Digitate brand, products, initiatives and values with marketing communications
Under the DPL the lawful basis for this processing are TCS/Digitate’ legitimate interests in promoting its brand, products, initiatives and values, or consent, where requested and obtained.
Your data will be store in “customers” data bank for an indeterminate term. This data bank is register before Data Protection Authority.
Transferring PERU Data Subject information outside PERU for DPL
We may transfer the personal data we collect about you to one of more countries outside PERU, including India, in order to perform one of the activities listed above (see “How we will use information about you”). Where there isn’t an adequacy decision by the Peruvian authorities in respect of those countries – meaning that these are not deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for your personal data – we have put in place the appropriate measures to ensure that your personal data will be secure.
Your information may be shared with third parties which includes service providers (including contractors and designated agents) and other entities within our group. The following activities may be carried out by third-party service providers: hosting and other internet services, data storage and analytics, marketing research and campaign management, event organizers and caterers. You can find the list of the parties to which we may share your information in the following link:
If you require further information about these protective measures, you can request it from our Data Protection Officers.
Your duty to inform us of changes
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
Your rights in connection with personal data
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Confirm if TCS/Digitate process or not your personal data.
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to have easy and free access of the personal data we hold about you.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you ask us to have any incomplete, inaccurate or out of date information we hold about you corrected.
- Anonymization, block or deletion of the personal data which are not necessary, excessive or not in accordance with applicable laws.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no legal basis for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Request to revoke processing of your personal data if there is no legal basis that allow us to keep processing it.
- Data portability: This enables you to ask us, always through express request and in accordance with National Data Protection Authority’s regulation, to transfer directly from to another controller all your personal information when it is technically possible.
- Be informed of which public or private your personal data is/was shared with.
- Know the possibility of give your consent to have your personal data processed and the consequences of denying it.
- Review decision-making exclusively in automated: The right to have reviewed a decision based solely on automated processing that affect your interests
What we may need from you
If you exercise one of the above rights, we may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and that you are entitled to make such a request. This is to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
Data Protection Officer
We have appointed Data Protection Officers (DPOs) to oversee compliance of TCS/Digitate with applicable data protection laws and with this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice or how we handle your personal data, please contact the DPO in your region:
Data Protection Officer for LATAM